Most office chairs have a leather covering. You may have some leather seats at home too. Just like any other material, leather gets dirty when used and touched for a while. Nobody wants to sit on a dirty chair. You will have to clean your leather seats at some time. Many people do not know how to clean leather seats since they are used to velvet covered chairs. Actually, leather chairs are easy to clean as compared to other types of chairs. You need to ensure you can easily clean a leather chair. You do not want to have a dirty chair in your office.
We seek to ensure you have all the information you need about office chairs so that you can ensure they are in good condition. We strive to ensure you have the best experience with the office chair you purchase. This is a comprehensive guide about how to clean leather chairs. The importance of having clean chairs cannot be debated. Unfortunately, many people do not know how to properly clean leather chairs. Leather chairs are very attractive when they are clean. They are a statement of professionalism in your office.
How to Clean Leather Chairs
To understand how you should clean a leather chair, you have to understand how dirt accumulates in the chair. The leather just like any other material will let dust into the interior fluff of the chair. More dust might accumulate on the surface too. Wiping off the surface dust is not enough. You have to get rid of all the dirt in the chair.
- You will need to use a vacuum cleaner on the leather chair before anything else. The vacuum cleaner helps suck out all the dust in the interior of the chair. Run the vacuum cleaner with a soft brush all over the chair, so that it can remove all the hidden dust particles from the chair.
- Create a solution of water and leather soap. There is soap specifically designed for leather cleaning. If you do not have, or cannot get leather soap, you will have to use white vinegar.
- Damp a soft microfiber cloth with the solution and use it to wipe the entire chair. Ensure that the cloth is damp and not completely wet. Start from the top of the chair and work your way down. The cloth easily absorbs all the dust on the surface of the chair. The reason why you do not want the cloth to be completely wet is that it will leave watermarks all over the seat. The seat will end up looking dirty, even after it has been washed.
- Rinse the leather chair using another damp cloth, that has been dipped in clean and pure water. Wipe the chair all over, just like you did with the first cloth. Ensure you completely rinse off the soap solution.
- Get a dry soft microfiber cloth and wipe the chair again to ensure it is dry. Ensure it has not traced of water or the initial soap solution used. These will leave marks on the chair if you let them dry on the chair.
- Best Ergonomic Office Chairs
- Best Ergonomic Executive Office Chair
- Best Gaming Chairs
- Best Massage Chairs
- Best Ergonomic Kneeling Chairs
- Best Back Supports for Office Chair
- Best Zero Gravity Chairs
- Best Waiting Room Chairs
- Best Leather Office Chair
- Best Human Touch Massage Chair
- Best Home Office Desk
- Best Conference Room Chairs